Agnostic.com

7 0

Taste in music; do you judge others?

What do you gather from a person's taste in music and do you judge them based on it? Say you go on a date with somebody and they put on something completely unlike anything you would choose to listen to... maybe you're into rap and they play classical or you prefer jazz and they play some twangy bluegrass.

StableGuinness 4 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love being exposed to music I might never have heard without someone saying, "You have to hear this. I love it." Even if it doesn't move me or I find it trite or unaccessible, I learn something about that person and I may appreciate the artistry.

People who are narrow minded about music bother me. It just seems so immature to refuse to check somthing different out. My ex was like that. I listen to a wide variety and will tolerate most anything. Country and Christian music are rough, but as long as it's not an hours long car ride, I can get through it.

Remi Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

Eh, I tend not to focus on a person's music choices. I find myself listening to just about anything, aside from country made after 1981 and modern pop.

d_day Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

My musical taste is so vast I could never judge

I play music for a living and I feel whatever type of music moves or touches people in some way, that is what matters to me. Duke Ellington said there are two kinds of music, good and bad. I agree.

I listen to music across the board, although I stay away from too much ''old style'' country music. Sometimes I just sit back and let youtube pick the music for me. No I don't judge others.

Go on

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.