Agnostic.com

4 2

Finding a job

How can i get a job without experience?

Williamcristiano 5 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Positive attitude and confidence. Willingness to learn. Cheerfulness. Good grooming. Smiles. "Can-do" attitude. Dress neatly. Leave your phone at home.

At age 18, I got a summer job with the Michigan State Dept. of Natural Resources, Waterways Division.

"Can you drive a half-ton truck with a stick shift?" the interviewer asked. "Sure," I said confidently, figuring I could learn.

On the first day, the supervisor stood on the porch of the Ranger Station to watch me drive away. I climbed into the huge truck. Suddenly a new employee hopped into the passenger seat.

"Hi, I'm Kathleen and I don't know how to drive a stick shift," I said, shaking his hand. "You're going to teach me right now."

The hell of it was, HE DID. With him coaching, I jammed it into first gear and lurched out of the driveway.

For three years, this was my summer job while attending the University of Michigan. A lake access site supervisor. Getting to work early, I was off at 2:00 p.m.and went water-skiing.

Thank you for sharing you history with me, but here in Brazil the unemployement rate is very high,
I have a truck license i speak fluently 3 languages and at all i am not able to get a job as a toilet cleaner.
I am taking medicine against suicide.

@Williamcristiano

Why don't you apply for truck driver jobs?

I don't know the job situation in Brazil. Can't help you there.

@LiterateHiker I did it today, I applied for and participated in interviews for a delivery driver at a cigarette factory and I applied for a school bus driver.
you have already helped me share your life story with me and have shown compassion for my situation, I would like to talk to more people like you.

IDK but it seems a stretch that you are here for dating...

@CaroleKay why you say that?

@Williamcristiano " Not able to get a job as a toilet cleaner.
I am taking medicine against suicide." Do you think you are ready?

@CaroleKay I'm always doing my best to stay alive.

Have to start somewhere. Any work history is a plus and an asset for you. Wash dishes. I did.

People mostly hire who they like, if you're not going through an HR dept. Go be likable.

Yes i agree with, here in Brazil in most cases, with rare exceptions, a woman is only promoted at work if she does sexual favors to her boss.
I am man i had a passive gay boss....?

@Williamcristiano That's too bad. Not that it doesn't happen here, but probably not near as much as it used to.

do something nobody has done before.

actually. if you can be reliable and have a good attitude and demonstrate teachability a smart somebody will hire you. stress those characteristics in a resume or interview. AND they can come from life experience more than work experience. peace.

@hankster thank you for your advice, i am sure that you going to heaven when you die.peace.

@Williamcristiano WTH does that mean?

@CaroleKay excuse me, could be more especific in your question? I don't understood

@Williamcristiano ???, "i am sure that you going to heaven when you die.peace.". What does this mean?, I don't want to put words in your mouth, do you believe in heaven?

@CaroleKay he is a believer I suppose. it's actually okay with me. if he's just looking to provoke me, it doesn't at all. if he is sincere, I have to remember that I was once where he is. I was lucky enough that the wind blew the lid off my shoebox.i can't really can't do anything about his shoe box.

@CaroleKay but honestly I think he's a troll.?

@hankster yeah it is just a prank?
I don't believe in heaven!
It's okay people? Hahaha i was only kidding.

@CaroleKay i am don't believe in heaven!
Where are you humor of sense?
It is a prank?.
And i am not a religion person, i am only kidding.

@Williamcristiano it's not the kind of thing you kid about on this site. some people are really hurt and really angry about religion.

@Williamcristiano not cool. not funny. you don't know what some of these people might have put up with or been through.

@hankster i only said a inofensive joke, some people here does not have a humor sense.

@Williamcristiano to you it may have been an unoffensive joke. do you make fun of crippled people? do you like to tease blind folks? it's not that much different.

@Williamcristiano check yourself.

@Williamcristiano it wasn't a prank it was bad judgment. you obviously don't have the writing skills to tell a joke in writing. that's not a joke.

@Williamcristiano your new. perhaps you don't know that we get Christian trolling. comments like your joke are exactly how they behave.

@hankster the problem is not my joke, the problem is of intolerant people who can not identify the difference between irony and jokes, in my opinion they are people with social interaction problems.
I made jokes with people who believe in God, saying that hell is cooler because there is a tropical climate and the devil likes barbecue, these religious people mostly smiled at me and understood the joke and laughed along with me.

@Williamcristiano I think you're wrong. I would suggest that you get to know some people before you start joking with them. you're going to do what you want and I know that. I've been around here a while, you can take my advice or leave it. joking around like that ain't going to make you many friends here. maybe you belong joking around with the Christians.

@Williamcristiano see you around. peace.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:320809
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.