Agnostic.com

5 0

Church Bells

I have a church a few blocks from me. They clang their bells 1/2hr at a time, 3x a day.(they only hold one service a week) if the wind is blowing the right way, you can hear them over a half a mile a way.

How is this even a thing? Anyone playing music THAT LOUD at 8am would be shut down pronto. How do I go about getting them to stop, or at the very least, roll it back to the once a week that they hold their services. I don't want to become the pariah of the neighborhood.

withonel 4 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can always move! Bells are actually quite healing if real, if electronic you could ask them to turn the volume down.

If we're talking about "healing" and sound vibrations, we're moving into the area of pseudo-sciences, which I do not subscribe to.My mother lived in this house for 50 years, and apparently church bells don't heal diabetes. Personally, I find the bass intro to Pink Floyd's ONE OF THESE DAYS very soothing, but if I cranked that at volumes so loud you can hear it 1/2 a mile away, 3x a day.. I'd probably get a visit from the police.

Hey!!

You can do this! : ?

One of the things I like most about where I live is hearing the church bells. Even if I didn't I wouldn't complain since the church has been here for 800 years and I've been here for a year and a half 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 31, 2019

LOL!

They don't do it in Ireland anymore, at least not in the cities. I noticed it when I was in Spain and thought it was very weird. I wasn't really bothered by it because it's quaint and seems seriously bound up in their culture. I'm sure the fact that I was going home in a couple of weeks helped too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:322041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.