Agnostic.com

4 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The “system” shows us there’s no punishment for the wealthy that abuse the laws.

I remember years ago I had an MD as a patient. He stole nearly everything that wasn’t nailed down... silverware, cups.

In other "no shit" news?. We've created a society where being greedy, lacking empathy and morals pays in spades. In fact it is hard for ethical businesses to survive as most engage in wildly unethical behaviour. It's like expecting the one guy who isn't doping to compete against his chemically enhanced competition.

Only from my personal observations but the rich I know feel they are empowered by their wealth. The poor folks are much more afraid of getting caught cheating on taxes or similar things and evidence proves them correct. Most of us can't afford a lawyer if we get in a pinch so it's true, we're going to get nailed.

gearl Level 8 Apr 4, 2019

When I took classes in criminology, I was surprised to learn that fear pf punishment was actually nto a great deterrent. It is th efear of how the peopel who are important to them in their lives will view them that determines how likely they are to do wrong. That is the most active and influential variable.

When I was a teenager I worked as a messenger making deliveries to homes in NYC. I noticed that poor people were better tippers than the rich who often gave no tip at all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:324504
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.