Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK BBC - Future - Are we close to solving the puzzle of consciousness?

FTA: From these axioms, Tononi proposes that we can identify a person’s (or an animal’s, or even a computer’s) consciousness from the level of “information integration” that is possible in the brain (or CPU). According to his theory, the more information that is shared and processed between many different components to contribute to that single experience, then the higher the level of consciousness.

zblaze 7 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think he's only discussing the processes in the brain. Most say that's where consciousness is. I don't think so but even if it is, what starts the process, the prime mover for want of a better term? I think it starts on the metaphysical plane and is translated by the brain.

Another thing that completely puzzles me is what the medium might exist between consciousness and the processes of the brain. Putting it in a computer term, what could serve as a driver between the two?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:325253
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.