Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK Alcohol, even one drink a day, increases stroke risk, study says

I ceased my drinking experiment. While wine tasted good, and I liked exploring the different vintages and varieties, it didn't play well with my meds. So I decided (rather quickly) that even the rather miniscule amount I was consuming (less than 1/3 cup) wasn't worth it. I keep still a bottle on hand for friends who drop by. And I have some good bourbon, should I have the need for a medicinal toddy. (Plus I have a friend who REALLY likes bourbon who comes by every so...)

BookDeath 8 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i have 3 beers + 2 shots of whiskey between 5.30 & 8.30 PM. when we go out it's more.
i enjoy the taste & the effect & i'm already old, so fuck it.
i've cut way back since i was young.
thinking of trying some weed again since it's now legal.
hey, if you can feel mellow & at peace without any chemical assistance, good for you. but i need a few hours where the everyday shit from the media & the futility of our existence is blocked out.

I enjoy wine at weekends. Red, which other research has shown to be good for the heart. If I get constipated I overdose, works well and good fun in the process.

I have a glass of wine with my dinner and I don't plan to change that practice.

cava Level 7 Apr 5, 2019

I don't like alcohol because it dehydrates me and gives me a headache.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:325299
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.