Agnostic.com

4 0

I'm kinda courous about Neoteny and it's correlation in sexuality. This is more of just a thought that I've been thinking of and probability has very little importance. But here's an example: Men both bisexual and homosexual being attracted to features that are neotenous, younger looking in physical traites, like a twink. I personally think I have some featers that are such.

CrystalKing333 5 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Men usually think I'm plain in person.. then they find out I'm about ten years older than they thought, and suddenly their interest level increases.

Personally, I prefer men around my own age. Preferably no more than 5 years younger, at the youngest.

The primary goal of all life is to procreate. IMO it is in our DNA to try and choose young people who are physically fit with whom to procreate. We know women past menopause can still have sex but they can't get pregnant. Older men also have their sexual problems like prostrate problems and erecrtile dysfunction. So our DNA tells us to find young people with whom we should have sex. If a person LOOKS younger we are fooled to pursue them for sex. So it is advantageous if one can improve their appearance to look younger than they really are. The beauty aids manufacturers are cashing in on this.
Science has all the answers.

Do you mean procreating in by " just having sex to make behbehs (babies)"? Because that goal can be instilled in us without the need for sexual procreation. And if you DO believe that, I would say that homosexuals have a gene-centered view in which survival of our genes is biologically, for a lack of a better word, programmed into our mind without the need to have sex to procreate but to foster others in the continuation of our species.

On the premise of dating younger for sexual procreation is actually a very small contributor. It's more along the lines who is likely to survive the longest and the best, which age, young and old, can help or hinder.

Well, neoteny is defined simply as an adult animal or human that have juvenile tendencies or behavior. I am a gay man and I don't hate or discriminate against feminime men or asians. I am attracted to masculinity in general. Race has nothing to do with it. I absolutely adore Asian guys but I find men in all races attractive.

We discriminate all the time, what makes a difference is whether or not it comes with distaine or malice. Which normally isn't the case but homosexuals tend to blow it out of proportion and say it does.

I'm actually planning on doing some writing on this subject.

@CrystalKing333 I do agree with your statement that discrimination does happen by everyone and that it is not done usually of malice or hate. People discriminate as a method of selection much like a coin sorter. If something does not fit your personal criteria then it is discriminated and removed from the pool. Nothing unusual about that. But in my findings, I have noticed that many gay men tend to be rude or shallow at least in the US and other countries where social status and physical image are very important. For example, I am not a feminine guy. I am also not trendy or a hunky model. I am for all intents an purposes a regular guy. When I mingle I am friendly, sociable, and pleasant. I am not rich or well endowed. So therefore I am not desirable in the eyes of most gay guys. I am discriminated against because I don't fit the mold. Its not so much intentional or out of malice, but it has a lasting negative effect in both my life and in the community in general. I have been single the better part of 18 years. Have not had sex in 3 years. It has not been from the lack of trying. Its just the way it is.

Well, I could say that with Neoteny comes a higher chance probability of sexual promiscuity as juveniles tend to be more risque in their sexual exploits. They also lends themselves to being very selective or shallow. Not always the case, but "tunnel vision" is common with people who have a higher level of neoteny. That is somewhat a generalization I realize, but society has plenty of examples of such behavior. I too retain a good bit of neoteny. And yes I am attracted to twinks.

I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject and sexual attraction. In men neotenous features are associated, maybe even synonomis, with feminine features. Hint why majority of homosexual males tend to lean against feminine men and men of Asian decent. Though this makes me think that it's possible that men with more testosterone, or even bisexual men, may be open or even lean more towards that group of homosexuals men.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32733
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.