Agnostic.com

1 1

Morality for non-christians?

So, again and again, when there is a shooting, etc, I hear christians immediately blaming it on the de-christianization of our society. Tho I've heard much evidence of the idea that non-christians are no more often criminal, immoral, un-empathetic, etc. Do you think to be non-religious means to eschew the entire concept of right and wrong, kindness and asshole-ishness, and believe the existentialist claim that "there is no absolute truth or morality, therefore it doesnt matter what you do"? Im not religious, but I believe it matters what we do. And I don't think that, because im not christian, that im more likely to be immoral.

Punkrockgirl77 5 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The concept of reality is a human devised thing, thus the definition may differ from person to person. For instance, a christian may see no wrong in stoning a homosexual person to death, while a non-religious person would think that is a vile deed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.