Agnostic.com

31 4

LINK 11-Year-Old Astrophysics Genius ‘Proves’ Stephen Hawking Wrong About God

The title of this article is misleading. The kid has a theory that he tries to support with logic, but he still has some work to do to actually prove anything. If he succeeds he might turn some agnostics into believers.

ATDayHiker 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just think, he is already in league with Stephen Hawking as all his arguments are also just theory.
THis kid is still way ahead of Hawking.

It takes faith to not believe?? I take my screen name in vain... Holysocks! I could spend the night on this article! But I believe that 4:30 AM comes early. Believe that or not. 🙂

This is just PRATT (previously refuted a thousand times) . its an argument from personal incredulity. I can't imagine what else besides a god could have started the universe. Then he refutes his own argument that something can't come from nothing but something (a god) came from nothing and spun the universe up.

There is a book called Becoming God. The author is Ford. He said he studied quantum physics which could scientifically prove the existence of God. He didn't say how.

The problem with this theory is a problem of entropy. We can assume that at time = 0 that the net entropy of the universe was zero, or infinitesimal and aproaching asympoticaly. There is a maximum rate at which entropy can increase, and it is directly linked to the rate of causality, also known as the speed of light. If this limit were not imposed, then yes the universe would have indefinite age. Likewise if there were no maximum speed of light everything that could happen would have happened instantaneously.

? Right. Keeping working on it kid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:327562
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.