Agnostic.com

7 0

Is there anyone here that questions the HIV causes AIDS theory?

There is zero scientific data that proves HIV is the cause of AIDS..

Ravenwolfcasey 7 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From "Nature: International Journal of Science." This article addresses the Durban Declaration, which clearly refutes AIDS deniers from the perspective of the international scientific community.

The declaration on these two pages was stimulated by the current controversy in South Africa about whether HIV is the cause of AIDS (see, for example, Nature 404, 911; 2000 and Nature 405, 105; 2000). This has caused massive consternation among all scientists, doctors and many others in the international community who treat AIDS patients or who work on AIDS in other ways. There is widespread anxiety that denying or doubting the cause of AIDS will cost countless lives if blood screening, use of condoms, and methods to prevent mother-to-child transmission of the virus are not implemented or, worse, even abandoned.

The declaration has been signed by over 5,000 people, including Nobel prizewinners, directors of leading research institutions, scientific academies and medical societies, notably the US National Academy of Sciences, the US Institute of Medicine, Max Planck institutes, the European Molecular Biology Organization, the Pasteur Institute in Paris, the Royal Society of London, the AIDS Society of India and the National Institute of Virology in South Africa. In addition, thousands of individual scientists and doctors have signed, including many from the countries bearing the greatest burden of the epidemic. Signatories are of MD, PhD level or equivalent, although scientists working for commercial companies were asked not to sign.

The Durban Declaration has an organizing committee of over 250 members from over 50 countries. The list of signatories up to 29 June can be found on Nature's website as Supplementary Information (http://www.nature.com).

HIV causes AIDS. Curbing the spread of this virus must remain the first step towards eliminating this devastating disease.

I want to first off state that I have lost dear family members to HIV.

AIDS is not a virus or disease in and of itself. The acronym stands for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and represents the point where the HIV has depleted a body's CD4 cells to below a 200 count. These are the cells that help with immunity. People with HIV who are considered to have AIDS do not die of HIV, but from any or several of the myriad of other germs and bacteria that we interact with on a daily basis. The subject certainly gets more complex than that on all kinds of levels.

Please be diligent and continue to seek rational information as medical scams and medicinal science deniers are rampant. I mean sure, lets be skeptical of the general establishment, but our local clinics are not trying to spread autism through child vaccines. As Carl Sagan states in his exceptional book, "The Demon Haunted World," "Keeping an open mind is a virtue—but, as the space engineer James Oberg once said, not so open that your brains fall out."

You obviously deleted my reply to your comment

I'm not afraid of this discussion, nor do I have the power to delete your comments. Never has a group grown so insidiously against its founding cause as ACT UP San Francisco. David Pasquarelli and Michael Bellefountaine were just two jerks from Tampa, FL who decided to try to convince themselves and the world that HIV wasn't real. Too bad the AIDS denier movement didn't die with them when they both passed away at 36 and 41, both from AIDS related ailments.

The circular reasoning and intimidation tactics they used to convince members, most of whom had tested positive for HIV, that having unprotected sex is okay because HIV isn't real, were atrocious. I truly hope that anyone that has tested positive for HIV who follows their advise and willfully engages in sexual acts of any nature without protection and without informing their partner of their condition are criminally charged to the fullest extent of the law.

A lot of ignorant people die from aliments that are curable or preventable because of their beliefs. I have no problem with letting these fools see themselves out of the gene pool. People in this country who refuse to treat their children, who let their children die of AIDS or other treatable ailments because of their ignorant beliefs, should be charged with criminal neglect and maybe even murder.

s://www.aidstruth.org/denialists-who-have-died/

Well, if you agree that HIV attacks a person's immune system (which is literally directly observable), then AIDS is an inevitable conclusion, if allowed to reach that point.

[hivinsite.ucsf.edu]

Hiv does nothing to immune system

I do not agree with hiv attacking immune system...I think it's an old virus we are immune to if we have antibodies...

Well the overwhelming evidence that it does attack the immune system says you're wrong.

I wouldn't say there is zero data. I'm sure they have found that 100% of the people who wind up with AIDS and were recently tested for HIV prior to diagnosis would've tested positive. Analyzing that data would indeed be a scientific study.

@ravenwolfcasey, where did you get that there is zero scientific data that proves HIV is the cause of AIDS? That's a pretty controversial statement.

Seriously look it up yourself..there have never been actually studies. And there are people that die of AIDS that are not HIV positive..but are not listed as AIDS victims because of lack of HIV status. It is the drugs that big pharma make billions off of that actually can cause immune failure which is what AIDS is. Drugs cause AIDS not a virus..when people get tested for HIV they test your blood for antibodies..anyone with a 9th grade science class can tell you antibodies means your body fought off the disease or virus and now is immune..

www.aliveandwell.org/html/a_closer_look/acloserlook.html

So many places of research...read the book reinventing the aids virus

I had my suspicions at first, but then I learned that in the 1950's a female doctor who was doing work in Africa came home to be treated for what we now call AIDS, but which they had no idea what it was at the time. The link was the symptoms and opportunistic infections. So, it actually had been out there for a while before it became a pandemic.

The best theory put forth was that is existed for a while isolated to a particular region of Africa, but local war lords, like Idi Amin, came destroying villages and people fled and dispersed, carrying the HIV virus into major cities, where it spread quickly, likely because the displaced peopel had to prostitute themselves in order to make money to survive.

Most virulent diseases evolve in the tropics, and the ones that affect man moslty come from Africa, because that is where the other "great apes" are located (humans as classified as a "great ape" too) making it easier for a disease to jump species from animal to man that are the most genetically or biologically similar.

One interesting note, is that HIV uses the same chemical port on T-cells as the black plague. Persons who are ancestors of black plague survivors are more likely to survive, but only if they inherited the genetic mutation that prevents infection. If they get it from only one parent, then they will live, but carry the infection like a "Typhoid Mary", but if they get the mutation from both parents (this is very rare, and you need to have a genetic test to be sure) then they are actually immune to both HIV and the black plague.

Before anyone gets excited about a possible conspiracy about the two diseases using the same chemical keys, you shoudl realize the black plague is a bacteria, while HIV is a virus. It wan't until the 1980's, and mostly due to HIV research that the technology was developed to view viruses. The technology did nto exist to genetically modify viruses before the HIV epidemic broke out and was already spread everywhere in the world.

As I said at the beginning, I was suspicious at first, or rather wary, but once I learned the facts, and gained knowledge, the conspiracy theories all chetty picked information to bolster their ideas, much how religious people cherry pick some scriptures and ignore others which are embarrassing or just don't make any sense or are contradictory.

Everything you just stated is false..AIDS was actually created here in the United States..and African AIDS is totally different than AIDS over here..there are people in the 80s that refused to continue toxic azt and guess what they got better are still alive this day..all the people that took the drugs died..

@Ravenwolfcasey, I have known people who have gone off medication(s) and yet survived and even went to it beign undetectable. In every case I am aware of they quit using drugs & smoking and then went on an all natural vegan diet. They body has a great ab ility to cure and heal itself if given proper nutrients.

The most frustrating thign for those seekign to create a vaccine or cure is that HIV has a rather high mutation rate, which makes it hard to develop vaccines or cures. It is also possible that through simple random genetic mutation, that with some people the virus will mutate to a form which a person's immune system can handle. The mutations of HIV are so numerous thay number at least in the hundred thousands, if not the millions. It may appear that different parts of the world have different diseases, but instead it is that different parts of th world have different mutations of the HIV virus, which affects people differently depending on their genetic makeup, general health, diet and available medical care.

If there were two different genetic makeups, Scientists who analyze DNA and RNA would know of it and woudl want ot publish in order to get awards and grants for their research.

@Jodyfine, I sort of misread the question.

In answer to the idea that HIV may not cause AIDS, I'd have to say that so far every person with AIDS has had the HIV virus, and there has yet to be any kind of minority report with repeatable verifiable results that would show another possible cause.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.