Agnostic.com

4 14

"Can we make it a tradition, Mom?"

My daughter Claire, 29, asked if we can make it a tradition to hike together to celebrate Mother's Day. I'm thrilled! We will include her wonderful husband Matt.

I suggested Ingalls Creek Trail. It's the longest wild, waterfalling, roiling creek without a dam in Washington State.

Have loved Ingalls Creek since age 21, when I moved to Washington from Michigan.

When Claire was 5 months old, her first hike was up Ingalls Creek. Still laughing at how I spread a white blanket on the ground. Immediately, the babies wiggled off into the dirt.

An easy hike. We can go as far as we want. Love my girl!

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What great pictures and a great tradition

They say dirt is good for babies, no harm done anyway. Personal and family traditions can be fun, ours was to always go somewhere new each year, and always go back to somewhere we had been before.

Apparently she was "raised right."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:329357
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.