Agnostic.com

4 1

My family has two religions, Christian of various churches, and a couple of Pagans, and I'm just over here like yeah that's cool but what about other options. I don't think about it much until closer to the holidays, that's when the whole family gets together, and there's forced prayer before meals, and uncomfortable family silences because no one knows how to talk to the other one. And then so many people wonder why I hate the holidays so much.

Miss_DJ 3 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

the same i was born christian but i don't go church i know few pagans in the family also

Yeah, I was forced to go to church when I was younger and immediatly rejected it. I'm more agnostic than anything, I guess mostly cause I can understand why religion might work for some

Silvereyes is right, just limit your time there so that you only spend the greeting time in the hot zone, and then escape to where you are comfortable again.

I'm the lone atheist in my family as well, they're all different brands of Christianity. I try to make conversation about other things. Any other things (except politics).

It sounds like your family should have learned their lesson by now, and be more tolerant to those that have different opinions. You could ask if it was ok to sacrifice a gerbil in the name of his holiness, the Great Rodent King 🙂

I've considered the flying spaghetti monster. . . Lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.