Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Scientists have established a link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage

Pretty sure I am not brain damaged since my cognitive flexibility seems to be consistently working.

"These findings are important because they suggest that impaired functioning in the prefrontal cortex—whether from brain trauma, a psychological disorder, a drug or alcohol addiction, or simply a particular genetic profile—can make an individual susceptible to religious fundamentalism. And perhaps in other cases, extreme religious indoctrination harms the development or proper functioning of the prefrontal regions in a way that hinders cognitive flexibility and openness."

ATDayHiker 7 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So. Does the brain damage caused the fundamentalism: or does the fundamentalism cause brain damage?

Makes sense. I believe that’s the same region of the brain responsible for ‘cluster B’ disorders. Wacky adherence to religious bullshit has always appeared a disorder, to me..

Varn Level 8 Apr 17, 2019

Yes I believe this can be true. There is no way in trying to discuss anything with fundamentalist religious nutters

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:332438
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.