Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Which Democratic presidential hopefuls are talking about their faith? | America Magazine

Being hailed as the candidate for the rising "Christian Left" what Buttigeige says about his religious views, is so typical. And he's all about religion. sigh

So are most of the other democratic candidates. Sadly.

Interesting read nonetheless.

SeaGreenEyez 9 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you want a very short career in politics in this country, tell folks you are a nonbeliever. Plan B, fake it.

@SeaGreenEyez You know we have non-believers in the Congress on both sides of the aisle. I am sure we have had and have at this moment, Presidents who were non-believers.

@SeaGreenEyez I didn't know that.

@SeaGreenEyez Thanks.

@SeaGreenEyez How about New Hampshire?

Sad

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 17, 2019

The position is bent over and say ahhh

Albert Gore Junior with his albums burned by Tipper was the last Atheist friendly campaigner 2000....Jeb Bush white KKK racist Florida sheriffs terrorized 50 thousand blacks away from polls and racist Democrats let the 535 hanging Chad's be the cover up lie against Nader....his Green Party GREEN NEW DEAL is being stolen with fake news Fox&CNN letting that GIANT LIE be told www.jill2016.com for the truth not liar Markey or @aoc

I couldn't give a rats ass about Their Fake beliefs..all I care about is their positions.

It's like this paragraph fro article VI of the constitution doesn't even exist: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Now onto the article.

EDIT: I just love how dems manage to get and stay behind the curve on religion.
"The number of Democrats who identify as religious is shrinking, according to the Public Religion Research Institute. According to a 2017 report, 40 percent of Democrats claim no religious affiliation.

Americans as a whole are also becoming less tied to traditional religion."

1of5 Level 8 Apr 17, 2019

@SeaGreenEyez theocracyies are a lot of fun to live under. It's been decades since I've gone to a good old fashioned stoning.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:332806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.