Agnostic.com

3 2

QUESTION Atheism And Religious Hatred In Zambia

“It's not really about how atheism will benefit Zambia, it’s really about liberating the mindset of Zambians. Religion makes people unprogressive. We would rather have people who are more self-aware and not brainwashed entirely so that they are able to think. Secularism should be enforced. Things like the ministry of religious affairs should be scrapped, and should not be part of the government. I also think schools shouldn't make religious education compulsory”.

Some atheists in Zambia are coming forward to help make atheism a social reality: “I am willing to play my part, and encourage as many young people as possible to embrace rational thought”. One Zambian atheist said. However, time will tell if the spread of rational thought would reach a critical mass and define an era in the history of Zambia; whether free thought activism would eventually dispel the deep-seated misconception, hatred, and prejudice that have hunted atheists and atheism in contemporary Zambia.

zblaze 7 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's probably not gonna happen.

"Secularism should be enforced." Those are scary words.

Secularism should come about through someones own volition. Are we any better than the religious if we force it? We should teach people about it not force it and make it less like taboo.

I wish them well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.