Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Put Aside Your Purity Politics and Embrace My Feckless Centrism - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency

"As the 2020 presidential election draws closer, it’s more important than ever for Democrats to put aside their differences to unite around my feckless centrist candidate. We must remember that this is simply not the time to discuss and debate the merits of each candidate to arrive at a popular consensus pick. That sort of “primarying” isn’t helpful in a primary election, as it will only result in the most popular candidate winning the nomination, which isn’t my feckless centrist.

You might think that the candidate voters select is self-evidently the best candidate to win the general, as they have already proven they have some sort of popular support. But what really wins elections is “electability.” Electability is a perfect metric I invented that rejects flawed models like polling data and past election results and favors the views of myself and other wealthy, white op-ed columnists. Yes, Bernie Sanders consistently polls as the most popular running Democrat, but that’s because most voters don’t understand that he’s not who most voters want. If you want to win elections, you have to listen to me. I know my stuff — you don’t get to where I am without graduating from Rich Kid Legacy Admissions University, interning at the Koch Brothers Institute for Promoting the Agenda of the Koch Brothers, and consulting for several prominent losing candidates"

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Excellent - just like The Onion.

Timely too. I think a lot of people want to go back to same old, same old.

Poe's Law being what it is, I hope everybody can recognize that.

"There is nothing pragmatic about an incremental solution to a catastrophic problem."

~ Ron Placone

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:333048
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.