Agnostic.com

14 1

Is religion affecting your sexuality?

Is religion , faith, affecting influencing your sexuality , relationships?
Is there something you would like to be different in your sex life , when you imagine there was no religion?

luckytobealive 7 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, but in a good way.

i am not religious, in fact, i am anti-religious. Religion is one of the root cause of evil.

knew I was different at 4 yo; that's way before I was toted off to church

Religion has affected sex and sexuality adversely for centuries. Religion has no place judging and governing sexual behavior.

SamL Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

id make a joke about my sex life but i don't have one

"If the love fits wear it, baby
And if it feels good, put it on" - Leslie Pearl

it depends on the religion there's some religions that control the sexual life of its believer

No, but the converse is true, and it's the lack thereof that I now find myself in; it's quite liberating.

It did when I was younger. Now that I'm an atheist (and sexually liberal), one of the aspects of religion that I find the most contemptuous is its view of human sexuality. We are sexual beings and trying to overly suppress that is unhealthy both physiologically and psychologically.

Nope. When I came out as a transgender woman, I basically got disowned by my mom and her entire extended family.

I'm going to be myself, love whom I wanna love, fck whom I wanna fck (assuming consent, of course!), and do what I wanna do. No braindead stone age superstition is going to stop me.

Just do it!

Not at all, but I see how it does to others. Even other partners. It's sad to be so hung up about your own body.

So true

No. I'm not religious and I worked that out long ago. The key is consent, respect and love.

Amen

Being raised with religion was repressive. Braking the rules has long been cause for guilt shame and ridicule for myself and many other people.
Breaking away from the rules that society and religion have imposed upon us has brought freedoms.

Donna Level 6 Sep 28, 2017

I certainly agree

That's a relatively private matter. I'm not sure if people should or would share this on a public forum. Even if we think we're behind a wall of anonymity, we're not. However, Maybe I'm wrong, and some people want to share.

I agree!

you never know ha haaa

We all have a sense of privacy and decency. We'll just have to do it properly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:334
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.