Agnostic.com

5 1

"We so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" -- Alexander Graham Bell

What open doors have you missed? What do you do now to try to ensure that you catch life's opportunities?

chicagojcb 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those very clean plate glass doors. I could never tell if they're open or close.

Seriously, though, I think that I've been lucky professionally. And that is the cause of missing other "open doors".

One of the doors that I missed: tertiary education and maybe even higher education. I was always I good student: grade As and one B average, C in sports. (I was a late bloomer for sports.). But because of I got lucky with getting a job immediately after highschool, and moving up that profession's ladder quickly, I totally didn't miss studying.

Knowing what I know now, I would have enjoyed studying one of the sciences properly.

How would I know? I was staring out the window!

I don't focus on what may have been.

We only get what we have worked for, unless we win the lottery🙂

@Leutrelle have you asked for trolls in your life? Have you like @DerekD asked some bitch of a scammer to try and blackmail you? Have you asked the employer of a seriously sick woman to do something about her OCPD behaviour and depression adversely affecting your health only to be charged with sexual harassment and persecuted by police and magistrate into ill health yourself? You do NOT just get what you have worked for!

I haven't knock on wood had these problems. Generally speaking we have control of our own lives. I think we all in retrospect wish we could do things differently.

Cynicism of age frequently disables recognition of opportunity. Somewhere I posted #MagicPudding which wonderfully encapsulates human reaction to opportunity. This reaction has been critically worsened by the paranoia spread around the world by proselytizing religious evangelicalism and then American government behaviour post 9/11.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33508
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.