Agnostic.com

7 1

Is There a Natural God?

May as well admit we were created by something. The question is, what?

nacrea 4 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I understand.....what you're saying makes perfect sense to you...thats nice. ....it just seems to me that you're just trying to create another entity to follow.

That is a great question. I for one, if I must address the term god, believe what you assert to be true. Energy is real and we are energy. Energy does not destroy , nor create itself. If energy meets opposite there is a bad reaction , to our perspective of course. When energy joins with compliance type energy, it thrives. Since our individual minds decide what we will accept or not, makes this decision leaving us with a specific energy of thought. Love it

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

What is there to "admit"? No one has yet identified any deity as a necessary entity, and no one has even identified a creator as necessary, since existence itself may well be effectively eternal. All those folks have is arguments from incredulity. The universe is awesome, therefore god. Can't be an "accident" (although "accident" is not what anyone is actually suggesting it is).

In any case, as you say -- the quesiton is what? And you can ask 10 people that question and get 12 answers, because any answer is inhernetly unfalsifiable and therefore un[dis]provable. The only defensible answer is "we don't know -- at least not yet".

I have to confess that I'm getting tired of these circle-jerks of speculation about what created us, and how and why. Especially when "how did this all begin" may well be entirely the wrong question to begin with.

Define "natural god". If you can't, then there is a problem.

velk Level 4 Mar 7, 2018

Nature. The universe. The probability that it is a living organism.

OK. what do you mean by "living", and how it creates?

If I define god as a bottle of hot sauce, I can prove he exists.

In otherwords, you must define something before you can prove it exists. The most popular attributes are omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence and benevolence. The first one removes him from the laws of nature and therefore, a "natural" god is a contradiction. If you want to provide the core attriubutes that must be provided by "god" in your terms, we can have a rational discussion about whatever that is, but "god" as defined in popular definition cannot be natural.

He? What 'he?' I am talking about a natural entity. The universe. Nature. Your true creator. And the probability that the universe is a living organism. There is no HE!

@nacrea It? What difference does it make what pronoun you use? What are the properties that make "god" god? Sentience? Consciousness? If you are using flowery language and speaking poetically, fine. If you are talking about concrete principles that you want to discuss rationally, you must define whether this "god" has certain properties at a minimum. Since you want to use a word for this phenomenon that is as loaded as god, please at a minimum state whether the following properties are required:

(1) Omnipotence (2) Omniscience (3) Omnipresence (4) Benevolence (5) Sentience/Consciousness

I would have to say I have no idea in Heaven or Earth what you are talking about.

Planet Heaven and planet Earth. The First verses of the Book of Genesis, Written by non-earthlings. But this have nothing to do with the question. And here the answer is the universe is the natural god. However must non-believers don't believe in nothing at all, not even the possibility of natural creation!

@nacrea Ok spaceboy, I can see we are done here.

Why, when I can not even imagine a universe that required a god to exist?

You don't need to imagine a universe that requires a god, just imagine the universe BEING that god!!

@nacrea So, you believe there are multiple gods then?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33534
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.