Agnostic.com

1 1

OK, now for something harsh: God gave his only begotten Son for our sins? Jesus died on the cross for our sins? Really? How is that? If Jesus was God, then he had to have known there was Heaven waiting for him right around the corner after he died. So, hanging on that cross, he knows he's going to paradise, forever. That doesn't sound like a sacrifice to me. In fact, it sounds like a good thing. So actually, Jesus went on vacation for our sins -- first class!

Now, here comes the harsh part: For the perfect-sacrifice-for-our-sins thing to really work, Jesus has to go to hell after he dies, not heaven. Now that is sacrifice! So, for all you sinners out there, Jesus is burning in hell for your sins. (And it really hurts!) So, feel guilty about that, and accept him as your Savior. Or else, you will join him in hell for eternity.

GlyndonD 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, that would make more sense. Although I wonder how God could end up in Hell. I mean, who would be left to run the universe?

One of Isam's big beefs with Christianity is that it's not monotheistic -- Father, Son, and Holy Ghost adds up to three, not one. Never did understand it. As a kid, I thought there were two gods -- God and Jesus. Instead of 1 god or 3 gods, I've decided 0 gods is the right number.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33538
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.