Agnostic.com

6 0

If marriage is a vow before god, then what is the point in getting married?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is a legal contract. Imagine your loved one in critical condition in hospital, and a hospital worker tells you that only family are allowed in. And that a child of the person you love is making end of life decisions

At 65 I seriously doubt I will get remarried but I definitely will not agree to any religious ceromony-it absolutely has to be civil........

I personally see so real point.
It's a man made construct based on control, imo.

I will never be married as according to any license. However, I hope to find my match, and hope to have a comminent ceremony.

i don't consider marriage a vow before any god - because i don't believe in any and i wouldn't have a religious person officiate my wedding.

Health insurance, and it's more of a legal action than I would consider it a vow before any god. You're making a commitment to be with someone, share your life good and bad with them, it's a protection from using someone to build up your life, then dumping them on the side of the road or vice verse. It also has cake, and gifts, so I'll never be against a wedding.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.