Agnostic.com

4 0

Does anyone here have Trigeminal Neuralgic a V1? I’ve had it for 8 years and the pain n os horrible. I had surgery 2 years ago to damage the nerve to block pain signals but it failed as the nerve repaired itself and the pain came back. None of the many prescription drugs ‘ve taken has helped but my doctors won’t prescribe morphine. Has anyone been completely cured of TN pain that will share the specifics of their treatment with me?

Pain help

greywolf3 5 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I got it after a stroke. HORRIBLE! Truly life-changing in a bad way.
After about 9 months of misery, a neurologist in Boston prescribed Tegretol...old-time (cheap!) stuff used by epileptics. Takes a while to figure the dose that works without making you sleep all the time. I found 2 pills a day for maintainence, 3-4 if having a flare-up (and do not "wait & see"!!!), after about 6 years I weaned off it. Epileptics can take up to 11 pills a day, so pretty safe stuff.
Best wishes to you!

I don't understand what the v1 stands for. Anyway, my brother had trigeminal neuralgia and was successfully treated with anti-seizure meds. He did not have to take them permanently. It was horrible while it lasted. Sorry you are going through this.

Sorry to hear about all the pain you must be going threw. Have you tried a tens machine when you are in pain?

Trigeminal Neuralgia V1, my iPad changes what I type.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:336429
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.