Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK ALEC Wants To Make Protest Illegal In Illinois | OurFuture.org by People's Action

Fuck the environment and fuck human rights, right? If I was in better shape, could handle a firearm, and could get close to these people ... well you know where I’m going with this. Seriously I’d become a domestic terrorist or something.

altschmerz 9 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Should ban alec 1% political arm

I would be right with you.

I thought the bill was more specific than that...many bills only target destruction or occupation of critical infrastructure such as power plants, etc. The interruption of services to people or impediments to getting to work, etc. I don't think it is 100% against protest as a right of all of us,as the title suggests or the article states...it also addresses criminal trespass

here is the proposed bill...it clearly states that felony charges are for damages not for the actual protest...

[polluterwatch.org]

@altschmerz Thank you for making me aware there was even such a bill...I will donate to the ACLU to make sure that our rights to protest are guarded...the bill could be used maliciously by the oil companies and their lawyers no matter what...they are scum, and that is not fake news!!!

If you can be prosecuted for a felony for just protesting, I can see where someone says, might as well carry it to the next step, and actually cause real harm of one kind or another. Just need to be careful not to harm innocent bystanders.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:344175
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.