Agnostic.com

3 5

Flushing out sleeping elk. Ad-lib birthday gift.

"It doesn't feel right hiking Squilchuck without you," Karen said this morning. She called from a ridge high above Squilchuck State Park, one of our favorite hikes. We had fun talking.

Last week, while hiking Camas Meadows without me, Karen and Gro went far up a ridge. Pushing through brush, they flushed out eight elk that were sleeping in the brush. Wow!

"Tomorrow is my birthday," Karen said. (slaps forehead)

"I have a small gift and birthday card for you," I ad libbed smoothly. "How can I get it to you? Shall I drop it off at your house?" Karen will pick it up tomorrow after hiking.

Thank goodness I shop for gifts year-round. I ordered this Chinese doll pincushion for my daughter Claire. Added a wide, pink satin wrist band. Then I came to my senses and realized Claire doesn't sew.

Karen knits and sews. A world traveler, she loves unique crafts from different countries.

Karen will be 71 tomorrow. She is leaning on her left knee photographing a flower. What a great role model.

Gift-wrapped the Chinese pincushion for Karen. Chose a birthday card from my desk stash.

Whew!

[amazon.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lovely picture...and nice gift for anyone who sews...

You can never have too many pin cushions...

I have twenty three of them... 😀

Good shot

bobwjr Level 10 May 10, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:344677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.