Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK The US government just officially recognized the Satanic Temple as a religion

This begs an interesting question . . . . organizations who attain tax-free status are clearly interfering in government . . . . so how does this effect non-believers?

THHA 7 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why not, the USA is one of only a handful of countries that recognizes even Scientology as a religion

Don't forget the US registered Atheist Religion.

@Castlepaloma
Calling Atheism a religion is like calling celibacy a sexual position

@LenHazell53

I agree, they did it to protect them from other Religions. Good thing you could set up meetings and fake your way out of taxes. I wish they would give tax breaks for the poorest proffession like mine, as an artist.

Maybe this Satanism is looking for more advantageous.

@Castlepaloma The Satanic Temple is not Satanism or even the church of satan, it is basically a protest group that fight to ensure the separation of church and state

THE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS of the SATANIC TEMPLE.

1 One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
2 The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
3 One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
4 The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
5 Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
6 People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
7 Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

This affects non-believers because now that TST is recognized as a religion it will work to break Christian dominance in our society. TST will insist on the same rights as other churches by insisting on giving its prayers opening city hall meetings, equal rights in dedicating statues and monuments to Satan on city and county properties. This will cause Christians fits! The point TST is trying to make is freedom FROM religion insures freedom OF religion. This bolsters the wall of separation between church and state.

(Note: Most members of The Satanic Temple are really atheists and refer to Satan as a metaphor or symbol of personal freedom. This is kind of a secret because most Christians jump to the false conclusion that members of TST believe in evil. They don't!) [thesatanictemple.com]

That is a very accurate assessment, as far as I see it, but I am not sure it will bolster the separation of church and state, and while a lot of non-believers are willing to make that step, that is, claim to be Satanists, I wonder how many would not be willing to take that step . . . . even though I see it as probably a wise move . . . . there has to be a counter-force to this religio-Nazi shit controlling our government, or there will be disaster . . . . these idiots think they are living in "end times" and have no compunction with starting a World War.

Yes, Satan believe in God.

Courtesy of the daretodream . . . "It is the position of The Satanic Temple that religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition. As such, we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan. To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions. The Satanist should actively work to hone critical thinking and exercise reasonable agnosticism in all things. Our beliefs must be malleable to the best current scientific understandings of the material world — never the reverse."

@THHA
As you explained it to me.
I would not understand Satanism any more than God.

I don't like labels, yet if someone calls me agnostic, it's accepted. If someone called me satanic, I would reject it. The NT talks as much about hell and Satan as it did about Heaven. Both would be supernatural and superstitious, Satan and God are abversary. It dose not make any more sense than a homophobic and a gay . Because a homophobic would be more likely to have sex with a man, than I would. I being straight, yet I would be cool about their ultimate love partnership.

The difference appears to be that you are looking at it from a personal point of view, and I am looking at it from a world point of view . . . . that is, how does this effect people who are non-believers (are they then therefore totally ineffectual in influencing the direction the world is headed, are they left out of the picture because they do not organize, or cannot organize into a coherent group that is also able to gain such status, aka free from taxation . . . should they consider orgaanizing under the banner of Satanism simply as a way to counter the religio-nazis who are hell-bent on destroying the world?) As best I can tell, I am asking a different question than you appear to be thinking I am asking.

@THHA

It sounds like you are more of an anarchist.

The Satanism false flag (like a secret service) seem like it's against another power to be secret service.
I just let assholes be assholes, better to share with other strong individuals equally and no one below me and nobody above me, called individualism.

Of any group I have meet serveral times. Anarchist are the most creative strong individuals, with awesome integrity, most peaceful, loving and kindest group I have ever been with.

"The Satanism false flag (like a secret service) seem like it's against another power to be secret service." That is a valid point. At the same time, it does beg the question, how to counter the likes of what exists today . . .

Churches receive federal funding:
[alternet.org]

Recruiting pastors to run for political office

@THHA

Seem like it's so secret service, they cut the video off!

LOLLOLOL

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:345180
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.