Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK I Gathered Stories of People Transformed by Fox News

This article hit home with me because I experienced a similar situation. After Obama was elected my ex-wife started watching Fox News a lot. Though we avoided discussing politics we grew further and further apart, and by 2017 it was obvious the marriage was over. I'm not blaming Fox News for all of our problems, but I think it was a contributing factor. I wonder how many people on this site have had similar experiences.

ATDayHiker 7 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is no more cable/network TV service in my house. I offer streaming swervices and NPR on the radio. Peace reigns!

Yep, otherwise sweet warm caring individuals who once were fairly liberal minded, suddenly changed into hate message spreading machines, due to exposure to Fox TV and the like. Since many others, not just I, have cut them out of our lives, they have only their like-minded hate amplifiers to reinforce their misconceptions and distortions of the truth. Sad.

I kind of have a similar story. I've had friends that have deleted me off of FB because I post a lot of political shit. They might have watched fox entertainment prior to that. However it sucks to have people that you have known for years (a couple I have known for almost 20 years) delete me because they can't handle me pointing out how wrong they are. They post a stupid trump meme supporting him. I come back with reliable links, and even videos of trump saying the opposite of what the meme claims. I still talk to some of them IRL, but it is sad that they delete me just for that. I've only deleted two people that I know (sometimes I look through my friend requests, and accidentally add someone I don't know - that is different). If I don't want to read something, I use this brand new feature called "scroll". But Liberals are the "snowflakes"?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:345434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.