Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK David Attenborough: Animals are a source of infinite fascination | New Scientist

We need to return the love of the "mother" who has nurtured all life.

:-----:

"Do we need to do more to prioritise animals and the environment over human activity?

Yes, we have to. There are whole areas – the rainforest, for example – that have to be protected for the animals and for the whole of the climate of the planet. That’s a priority if ever there was one.

Do you think in 50 years’ time people will look back and say, what were they doing?

We’re suffocating ourselves by cutting things down. And the awful thing is that the knowledge is there. Fifty years ago when we exterminated things, we did it without realising. Now there’s plenty of evidence of what it is we’re doing, and yet we keep on doing it.

Of course, there is no such thing as “we”. That’s what is unfortunate. How can you speak about Africa or China or India? They all have different agendas and understandings. The richest nation in the world still doesn’t believe in climate change!"

WilliamCharles 8 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

+++++++++++I admire him greatly. His BBC documentaries are on my permanent list of videos to watch.

Debated using the term "love" in my anthropomorphizing of Earth, but we are an expression of that fecundity, and should be alarmed over our role in the extermination of so many others species that sprung forth long before we ever arose.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:345664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.