Agnostic.com

2 0

Cannot seem to break the habit of saying bless you when someone sneezes. Don't like gesundheit. "You're so good looking" is no longer topical and was played out when it was. Any suggestions on a replacement?

Treating sneezing with pepper.

RockwiredChris 3 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My parents where pastors- yah lot of that behaviour growing up- I don't think you need to retrain your self it's more of a social thing- the part I want to know is why don't we say anything when someone is coughing?

Eh, it's not a big deal. It's just an empty custom. A way of saying, "it's okay with me that you sneezed, don't worry about it, and I hope you are okay". Life is too short to exorcise every custom with some origin in religion that most people aren't aware of to begin with. Observing a social convention is not endorsing theism.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.