Agnostic.com

14 8

Calm down. The Alabama Abortion law is not going to overturn Roe.

Thank you, @ToolGuy for posting this reassuring article.

[motherjones.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good article and analysis.
A more cynical view says Roe won’t be overturned because it’s too good a wedge issue to keep conservatives coming to the polls.

@VictoriaNotes, @SeaGreenEyes. My reply button is choosy. It works for some but not for others. Maybe this will work. I agree. The problem I see is that why do these states continue to enact programs that only make things worse?

@JackPedigo

I had the same problem with Edit and Reply buttons. After clearing my browser, it works.

@LiterateHiker Sorry for my computer illiteracy but how do I do that?

@JackPedigo

I looked it up.

1. Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right of your computer.

2. Select "More Tools."

3. From there, select "Clear Browsing Data."

@LiterateHiker Thanks but mine doesn't have the "more tools" option. I will look it up.

@JackPedigo

Don't give up. Youtube videos are often too long and maddening.

@LiterateHiker The thing is it only seems to apply to certain posts. Also, it works the next day. Others seem also to have this problem and I suspect it is a glitch that admin can fix.

It might not be Alabama's law, but it will eventually be one of them.
I'm actually more concerned over the Indiana law. Fucking Pence was ALL
about that shit. Still is, AND he still believes he's going to be president.

The republicans won't stop trying to overturn Roe and Casey.
They've been working toward that since 1973, and in earnest, for the last 30 years.

In the meantime?

Doesn't mean we shouldn't share stories, create awareness, inform the misinformed (especially lawmakers) and put into place other protections and solutions, such as better sex ed, free birth control, donate funds toward planned parenthood and other organizations that give free health screenings, birth control options, early pregnancy tests, counseling and information to deter unwanted pregnancies, incest, domestic violence, spousal rape, and other circumstances that harm vulnerable humans.

These bills should kick into high gear a huge and incessant compassionate response to aid those who need protection and better solutions to the problem of unwanted pregnancy. Make this thing backfire! That's what these bills say to me!

Alabama's law isn't the one we need to worry about. Its too extreme with no allowing for exceptions for rape or incest. But with the spate of new laws in just the last week, one of them has a chance to make it to the Supreme Court. Then its all up to John Roberts to act as a mediating voice of reason.

It's going to come down to John Roberts.

I believe it will that's the reason it was drawn up the way it was...

Overturn it...no. Circumvent it....yes

lets hope not

Thank you for posting.

Thank you for sharing that...I feel a little better. It appears more like a publicity stunt so that pro-lifers get the impression their beliefs are being respected and ROE V WADE gets another rubber band ruling flung at it.... which will have no real impact on the constitutional rights being threatened.

No just keep chipping away at it

bobwjr Level 10 May 17, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:348323
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.