Agnostic.com

8 5

Should schools continue teaching Arabic numerals?

Real question is, are people really this dumb?!
[snopes.com]

BohoHeathen 8 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, they shouldn't, I'm sure it would all be simpler using good old Roman numerals.

R9FLMAO! The ignorance is Astounding!

Idiots for asking

bobwjr Level 10 May 18, 2019

Ask the protestants if they want a catholic calender brought in by a pope and based on the ancient Roman model taught to their children in schools as well, and then count how many say. "No we want the old one we always had."

People really are. I called it 10 years ago when I started hearing people bitching about their kids being taught the very basic overview of Islam’s beliefs in social studies. I said they’re gonna be super pissed when they find out whose numerals the math department is teaching.

Yes, yes people really are this stupid.

Of course not! No Arabic numerals. Children don't need arithmetic background, mathematics in general, no science. Let them just study the bible.

zesty Level 7 May 18, 2019

Faith in humanity slowly dying...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:348622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.