Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Major Study Finds The US Is An Oligarchy

Well, duh. Big money controls our politics. So, yeah....

snytiger6 9 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You don’t say! Cripes, would never have believed it unless I saw it with my own two eyes!

They just figured this out? Its been a Plutocracy since day one! The "Senate", and the Electoral "College" are there to keep it that way!

"Money don't talk. It swears!"--Bob Dylan

Methinks Bernie mentioned this once or twice........

I concur. Begin with Koch Bros, Jeff Bassos, etc.

And they spent how much on stating something so obvious? How many political leaders do you know who couldn't raise half a million dollars, at least.
The majority are multi-millionaites. Think how much they spend on getting elected. Then ask the obvious question. If you spend that much, without even knowing if you'll be elected, how much money can be made if you are elected, because your salary won't cover the cost of being elected.
Who needs a degree to conclude it's an oligarchy?

I get quite frustrated with some of these studies. I am involved with academia and get annoyed when studies like this are commissioned to state “the bleeding obvious” to quote Monty Python.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:349364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.