Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK We still don’t know the full story about the ballots destroyed in Broward County | Opinion by Tim Canova

"I was a candidate for Congress in Florida’s 23rd District in 2016. After the election ended with a loss, I had questions about the process and the result. We were surprised and disappointed since the results departed significantly from the information provided to me by seasoned pollsters and political professionals who worked for me, including our final field numbers that were based on an enormous number of voter engagements.

I had concerns, as did others, and as a result, I asked to inspect the ballots cast. Election officials refused my several requests to see the ballots, and after months of delay, we filed a lawsuit under Florida’s public-records laws. Three months later, Broward County election officials simply destroyed all of the thousands of ballots cast in my race. The Circuit Court subsequently ruled in my favor and found that the ballot destruction violated state law, Florida administrative regulations and federal law.

The destruction of those ballots was a federal crime, and the destruction of public records during a public-records lawsuit is a crime under state law. Yet, not one state or federal law-enforcement agency has conducted any investigation into Broward’s illegal destruction of the ballots cast in my election."

WilliamCharles 8 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Figures

bobwjr Level 10 May 22, 2019

Oh Broward County. If I remember correctly, they had the famous butterfly ballot where the predominantly Jewish population voted for the Evangelist. and Jeb Bush was Governor and GEorge won. They stopped the recount. At least they have paperr ballots. In NJ or at least my county there are no paper ballots to.recount. How is that legal.

The same chuckleheads who insisted electronic voting was safe are now sounding the alarm about "foreign interference" while doing nothing of substance to deal with the vulnerabilities.

They are unqualified to fix anything to begin with.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:350764
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.