Agnostic.com

6 1

Women (sorry guys) Would you date a man who was much shorter than you?

I find it hard to be attracted to a man who is shorter than I am, or even eye level.
I know it's biological, why can't my mind get over that?

Would you date someone shorter, esp if they were significantly shorter (4 inches or more)?

Akfishlady 8 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Had to go to your profile to find this post. Dunno why.

I don't care. Actually I rather like it when someone is outside the norm--physically, psychologically, socially, culturally, whatever. More interesting for me when I encounter stuff with which I'm unfamiliar. More to learn.

I care about what matters; short, fat, ugly, disabled, poor, etc. are not it. Stupid and smelly, OTOH, are no-gos.

Sorry, but it's social conditioning, not biological.

You were taught that short men are disadvantaged .... Have you considered they live longer, have less heart disease, and have many occupational opportunities taller men don't have??

BTW 5'10", flunked out of jockey and pilot training because of weight and size requirements.

Again, that is what you (all of us, in our youth) were taught. But it is simply wrong. We were taught that men were more attracted to women with larger breasts. I for one can tell you that is not true. We were taught that mesomorphs were more desirable, but in the past, particularly in China, obesity was seen as a trait of a desirable mate, both male and female.

In short, what is considered desirable in a mate is highly individualistic and culturally influenced and it is malleable!

In my own personal experience, I can tell you that if I find a person's personality to be attractive, their physical features often seem to change to match my perception of the personality. It still boggles me when that happens, but indeed it does!

I have no problem with it. It's mostly about the personality for me. Thin men, on the other hand,make me uncomfortable. I like my teddy bears

Posts like this make me laugh,but let me ask,would you kill your child she is shorter than you? Would you denounce your child if he do have Albinoism?

@Akfishlady So do taller men shit milk? genius than shorter people? Don't fade? Shorter people smell badly? I have been curious about this question too!.

@Akfishlady perhaps taller people should put Short people to death,which will create a perfect World for them, what do you think? The same, Trump should put it immigrants and blacks to death, that way, America will be exceptionally perfect.

@Akfishlady I have not said that you want to kill them,but the reason why that's your preferences is because you want to be happy, today it me be, short, the other day would be something different. So what happens when you marry you 7feet guy,he gets an accident and spend the rest of his life in wheelchair? What if your perfect boyfriend, with full set teeth, get in a fight and in between he looses his dental system? what will you do? So I am thinking loud, that to avoid frustrations of imagining dating teethless short men, there must be a plan to exterminate them before they cause unhappiness to you. It's just a suggestion which I think it's valid.

Yes

Should make only a difference to the person dating!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.