Agnostic.com

7 1

Racist coworker

So co worker says tons of racist shirt. 😲
I'm not sure why. Seems like the emotional investment he'd have to have in anyone he gives two shirts about takes a toll on him. I imagine a hamster in the wheel in there is thinking. "If I think they're human then I might care about them. Let's not do that. I can handle very few relationships on a personal level and those are exhausting."
Or something like that.
I would like to think of this guy as a piece of shirt and move on. Well, he is but he is Also a human being under that. And I find it difficult to hate the guy. Despite waving at me in the mornings at a 45 degree angle. Yeah. Shirt person.

• 5 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 2 votes
  • 4 votes
TDTFPod 1 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fuck him

bobwjr Level 10 May 26, 2019

It almost sounds like what you really bothered by is that you haven't said anything to him about his racist comments. Perhaps you have, but that is not mentioned in your narrative.

if you're a "I forgive all person" then why did you write the post? It obviously bothers you. It bothered you enough to look up the word "shirt" 🙂 They get to be a racist but you can't swear? You do hate the guy--nothing says you have to admit it to anyone. Do you trust them? Would you have a beer or dinner with them?

lerlo Level 8 May 26, 2019

Explain to him his personal opinions on other races and people are not to be expressed at work. Other than that leave the guy be he has enough problems as is. Some people are ignorant by nature and it nearly takes a miracle to get them to see anything other than disdain for things that are different.

Tejas Level 8 May 25, 2019

Talk to HR about him.

1of5 Level 8 May 23, 2019

Seems like a company problem if they do nothing about said person. You could report your company to the labor agency that handles racial discrimination, secretly. In today's environment that would get you traced and fired, illegally, most likely.

First

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:351112
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.