Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK WATCH: Crowd of Children Swarms Cop to Stop Him From Choking a Small Girl

"However, as today’s children — especially minorities and the poor — grow up watching police officers kill unarmed and often innocent men, women, and children, with impunity, this backlash is to be expected."

1of5 8 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And, I am sure, there are some who would say, well, the police showed great restraint in not shooting the little urchants.

Yup

It seems that all involved admitted the incident go out of hand. Where I see a problem is the terminology "Small Girl." It should have said teenager or teenage girl because using language like this is why so many people feel justified in saying fake news.

gearl Level 8 May 23, 2019

One third his size wasn't sufficient for you?

@1of5 You rather made my point. If he were three times her size then he would either weigh three times as much or be three times as tall. She looks neither in the picture. I'm not saying that the incident was in anyway a proper use of police power all I'm objecting to is the use of inappropriate language from the article making a case for people to belittle it because of false information. She was neither two feet ball or 53 lbs because he looks to be maybe 6 feet and 160 lbs. This article uses the same tactics that Trump uses every time he speaks. I am the greatest, the richest, the most intelligent whatever. To say hat girl is a third that guys size when we know that can't be true is either lying or extreme exaggeration which isn't appropriate by a president or by a news organization.

@gearl and yet you have no problem just guessing thier weight, and considering that as fact. How about this then: a grown ass man trained to use force needlesly abuses a much smaller, teen age girl who hasn't even graduated from high school. That make you feel better?

@1of5 That would work as that would be a reasonable assumption. I never said that what I said was a fact but said what it appears to look like Most of us can look at somebody and guess their general weight. I could look at the picture and say pretty clearly that the guy wasn't three times as big as the girl. Six feet is a normal height for men and 2 feet is a third of that. Likewise 53 pounds is a third of 160 if you didn't figure out where I got the numbers. I figured most anyone would realize that.

@gearl your still sticking with 160, though. 6 foot and 160 would be a rail of a man, especially for a cop. Everyone's numbers are off, including yours. If you use average height you need to use average weight, too: The average American man 20 years old and up weighs 197.9 pounds . The average waist circumference is 40.2 inches, and the average height is just over 5 feet 9 inches (about 69.1 inches) tall. As time wears on, American men are increasing in both stature and weight.Feb 27, 2019

Looks like twice her size would have been more accurate. That doesn't make me feel any better about this.

They made some wrongs.

Lots of people did.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:351185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.