Agnostic.com

4 0

Fuel demand

With electric cars starting to become more common now, do you think it is starting to have a impact on fuel demand already?

I'm not thinking much but it should be starting to have a impact I would think.

Honorabledougn 6 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Negligible impact so far. Until they get charging stations on every corner like they have gas stations it's not going to happen

lerlo Level 8 June 18, 2019

Have any pedestrians been hit by electric cars yet? Just curious. It seems to me that an electric car wouldn't make much noise. I don't know that I'd want one sneakin up on me, when I'm out walking.

Most likely. But sight seems more important than sound. Blind folks use beeping crosswalks, and an accident there would be the driver's fault most likely. Harley Davidson is coming out with an electric motorcycle, which will, no shit, sound like a jet engine.

It is not a bad idea to consider electric power transmission losses vs gasoline transportation efficiency.

zesty Level 7 May 24, 2019

Not yet. Just drove south to north across the country and the number of gas powered cars on the road is staggering. Lots more EV's need to be used to even make a small dent in consumption.

1of5 Level 8 May 24, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:351493
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.