Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Facebook Bans Artist For Transforming MAGA Hats: – Noteworthy - The Journal Blog

This is truly disturbing.

:-----:

"When your account is disabled on Facebook, you have one opportunity to make your case through a brief form. First, you have to upload your license (an extortion that was wildly unsettling for someone who has gotten threats in the past and tries to keep her location somewhat under wraps). Not knowing that it was my last chance, I simply explained that the work that got me banned was art, not hate speech. I thought my brief explanation would be enough to have a real human being review the post for more than a split second, realize the mistake, and restore my account… but that did not happen. Once you fill out the form, you are promised an email response, to come “shortly”: eleven days later, mine has yet to arrive. After that initial form, you have no recourse: there is no customer service to call or email. There is a general feedback form I submitted that Facebook makes no promises about. (I invite you to try it as well, to voice your concerns about censorship.) But there is no one to ask, “If you want to keep my account disabled, can I at least have a copy of my own archive?” Facebook is an impenetrable fortress, completely disempowering to any user who feels they have been wronged. As Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes recently stated in a May 9th NPR interview, “Mark Zuckerberg is unaccountable. He’s unaccountable to his shareholders. He’s unaccountable to his users, and he’s unaccountable to government.”"

WilliamCharles 8 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"People simply disappeared, always during the night. Your name was removed from the registers, every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annihilated: vaporized was the usual word."

~ George Orwell 1984

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:351529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.