Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Thread by @TheMittani: "if you ever wonder why i got politically 'radicalized' it's because i grew up in alabama as an athiest child of two biochemistry professors; […]" #AlabamaAbortionBan

I found this a fascinating read.

:-----:

"if you ever wonder why i got politically 'radicalized' it's because i grew up in alabama as an athiest child of two biochemistry professors; at 17 i graduated and moved away forever. reminder: Alabama came within 1.7% of sending a known pedo to the senate~
any '13th dimensional chess' tweets about how the AL leg composed this abortion ban to provoke a court fight has never met an actual neoconfederate"

WilliamCharles 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember some of the Southern films growing up whether B or mainstream that gave a sense of it at times being a fiefdom off the beaten track where they were a law unto themselves and wanted you to know it.

It didn't matter if it were civil rights workers, or hippies, or minorities... if they determined it was in their interest or merely pleasure to give you grief, you were going to get it.

Even the catchphrases have a dark undercurrent.

"You ain't from around here are you?"

"You in a heap a trouble, boy."

Now, there's dogwhistles when some things ought not being spoken too publicly.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:354524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.