Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Noam Chomsky: In Most Of The World, Media Obsession With Trump-Russia Interference Story Is "A Joke" | Video | RealClearPolitics

"The political dissident, linguist, and professor Noam Chomsky says the rest of the world thinks the U.S. media's Trump-Russia collusion allegation is a "joke" given the history of the U.S. in the last 135 years, and that if we are worried about foreign interference, Israel already influences more of American politics than Russia could ever hope to, in this interview with Democracy Now!

"Take, say, the huge issue of interference in our pristine elections. Did the Russians interfere in our elections? An issue of overwhelming concern in the media. I mean, in most of the world, that’s almost a joke."

"First of all, if you’re interested in foreign interference in our elections, whatever the Russians may have done barely counts or weighs in the balance as compared with what another state does, openly, brazenly and with enormous support,” he said.

"Israeli intervention in U.S. elections vastly overwhelms anything the Russians may have done," Chomsky said. "I mean, even to the point where the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu, goes directly to Congress, without even informing the president, and speaks to Congress, with overwhelming applause, to try to undermine the president’s policies—what happened with Obama and Netanyahu in 2015. Did Putin come to give an address to the joint sessions of Congress trying to—calling on them to reverse U.S. policy, without even informing the president?""

WilliamCharles 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Chomsky: whataboutism at his best.

[gatestoneinstitute.org]

In Australia people laugh at it.

I know I'm embarrassed for my nation and its media.

I totally agree. Chomsky is an incredible intellect.

Plenty of Americans think it's a joke too. As my old hippie friends say, when did we start trusting the FBI?

There's certainly a lot of their history being glossed over. As you mentioned, so many of the alphabet agencies seem to be the darlings of some in the left as long as Trump is their target.

Trump is without a doubt corrupt AF, but that is not a good enough reason to continue the endless saber rattling with a nuclear superpower.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:356318
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.