Agnostic.com

3 1

Two cardinals together. A male and female. I saw the all the time as a child, but they are rare sightings now..

AntaresRose 8 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Peace through green jobs abates pollution that poisons cardinal habitats

Hi Betty, I have them at my feeders in the winter, usually not together, though. The male comes first and shoos all the other birds away, then the brown female arrives and gets her food. You probably don't see so many pairs anymore because they live in evergreens. When their environment changes, they go away. I enjoy watching them at the feeder, although the males are bullies!

thank you for sharing. My Dad use to feed the birds. He had different feeders. The cardinals are beautiful. We went out in the evenings to watch them come. We had many kinds. He use to have many different species that came to feed. A pleasant time. They just are not as many now that come.

@BettyColeman Because we restricted their territory- more houses, less trees and bushes= less birds.

Beautiful image.

skado Level 9 Mar 12, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.