Agnostic.com

3 0

Where to begin with Jordan Peterson? This guy came up in a recent "Chornicle of Higher Education" article. Then I saw 2 videos by "Rationality Rules" on YouTube. This weekend, a friend brought him up. (Same guy I posted about a few weeks ago that thinks "God is energy:.) Is Peterson trying to be a leader of something? A father figure? Does he talk about "truth" and "free will"? What would be a starting place for finding out what this guy believes/thinks in order to determine if I agree or not? (There are a mere 5 or 6 posts on Peterson before this one, so to the people that mocked my question this weekend regarding the need to start a new thread whenever topic recurcs, now you know why. Thanks again to @kensmile4u for acrually answering the question. And, since I'm specifically asking "where to start", I deem this a new topic rather than commenting on a previous post about Dr. Peterson.)

LimitedLight 7 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Time interviewer:
You regard it as more propagandistic than say, The Little Mermaid?
Peterson
Those other movies are based on folktales that are maybe — some of those folktales have been traced back 13,000 years.

I wonder how he could convievable support this claim especially since the oldest written work are around 3000 years BCE

Peterson is OK when he keeps to his professional discipline psychology. I liked his recent talk with Russell Brand

Brand is open and sharp, his discussion with Peterson was constructive.

cava Level 7 Mar 12, 2018

Here are a couple of links. Peterson sounds like the psychologist equivalent of an auteur. He probably overreaches a lot; his thing is shaking people up. I think he's hard to quantify and I would be inclined to take him with a grain of salt but to give him a provisional hearing.

But "god is energy", if he said that ... that's got him on probation with me.

[theguardian.com]

[time.com]

What more do you really need to know than "god is energy"?

Energy is energy.

I instantly distrust people who take things we have perfectly adequate words for and call them god.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35950
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.