Agnostic.com

4 4

Just joined today. So far brilliant site ! It's like Facebook without the idiots. I'm looking forward to chatting with some sensible Americans instead of the religiously aggravated I see on other platforms.
Can I just say to the admins that it would be good if you were able to make a reply to a reply to a comment rather than just the comment itself, or maybe you can already and I'm too dense to work it out!? If that's the case can someone please let me know?

OutlawJosie 6 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, I find Facebook to be mostly just a bunch of prefabricated posts that are seldom actually fully accurate. At least here people think for themselves and post personal an dindicidual thoughts.

Welcome from the UK, I used to use fb, but it became meaningless. Now I just log on to fb, every other day,trawl through meaningless garbage, and log out, all done in a minute.

The only reason I still bother with fb is that there are some real life friends I would probably never have seen again without fb and that's invaluable to me but I agree that the level of discourse is sad .
I noticed about a year ago that I was getting culled from certain political groups on fb and it was the left as well as the right. It seems that admins set up groups and then cull members who don't subscribe to their particular ethos. That's dangerous because it has led to this absolute polarisation of left and right. All these algorithms are being used to divide and conquer us. Facefook could have been a force for good but it seems more like a cult now!!

I have "lost" so many Facebook friends due to my posts. Some have unfriended me and I have unfriended others. Anyone who posts anything religious on my wall, sends me prayer chain-emails, or comments on my stuff with something fatuous like "I'm praying for you", "you need jesus", "god loves you unconditionally", or words to that effect, I terminate. Ironic how they would go ape-shit if I were to publish anything on their wall, yet they have the "cojones" to do so on mine.

"make a reply to a reply to a comment". For now, you can make a reply to a comment to a post. We're thinking about nested posts but that can turn into a rabbit hole. Will think more about it! Welcome 🙂

Admin Level 9 Nov 12, 2017

I just learned that you can tag someone with the @ sign actually so that will suffice . You see what I meant though , right? Because I'm interested in taking the reply further but I think that could be done with the @ sign now. So thank you for your reply but I think it was just me not having read the rules properly!! Which is pretty typical ha ha

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.