Agnostic.com

1 0

Anyone familiar with " A Course in Miracles" book. A women I was in a relationship a while back was into this book/religion/cult/group. They would sit around in a circle and read chapters from this book to discuss. Groups were small, no more than 20 people at anytime, and sat by the beach in the evening. When the sun would set they would get up and (honor?) the sun.
Anywho, this narrative in the book is a bunch of gobbilty-gook nonsense that I hadn't any idea what they were saying. The group would start discussing and I for the life of me couldn't figure out what they were saying. I am not stupid, I'm fairly a bit intelligent and I can walk and chew gum at the same time but this stuff came from another Universe. Supposedly God had channeled the book thru the authors.
Anybody else know about this. Oh BTW, I went to these groups with my girlfriend as that what you do in a relationship, concessions.

PickledRick 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I went to a few. I admit it is sometimes difficult to follow, but I liked it. The one thing I am most grateful for taking the course was the "devil" and the ego concept. I do not think I ever believed in a satan or demons and when the bible or religion talks about satan, they are talking about ego. All the evil or tempations we encounter are simply our ego and not some sinister being or force. This is my take on it for me.

loo65 Level 3 Mar 13, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.