Agnostic.com

5 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I generally remember a lot of useless information. I did come up with a way for me to remember names. When I first moved here, I started playing pretty quickly, so I was meeting a lot of people, and I am generally bad with names. I started writing down the names when I left the bar and got in the truck. I put those names on a list. Before I would go out I would look at the list, and the faces would pop into my head. When I got to the bar I would spot these folks and usually knew their name. It would work at a knew job too.

Sounds like a good method.

@tnorman1236 It really worked for me.

the ancient greeks had a method for memorizing lengthy speeches. i remember reading about in many decades ago. it was fairly simple they would just compartmentalize each subject.
i actually bought Kevin Trudeau memory tapes based on the same principle. i got to the point where someone could write down 20 objects, hand me the list, and then ask me to name that list in any order within 2 minutes & i could do it every time.

Photographic memory just some trouble with peoples names

bobwjr Level 10 June 14, 2019

I actually have the opposite problem...I remember too much...I have to brain dump periodically or else I will mention some passage I read in a high school text book...there is such a thing as memory overload...lol...

I'm getting old enough that I have trouble sometimes remembering a word or a name for something. It's disconcerting, but it's not to the level that it has me worried.

@tnorman1236 that's normal...me, too...but knowledge is retained...just don't remember where my car keys are... lol

Write it on your hand?

gater Level 7 June 14, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:360906
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.