Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Seven Reasons To Be Highly Skeptical Of The Gulf Of Oman Incident – Caitlin Johnstone

"In a move that surprised exactly zero people, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has wasted no time scrambling to blame Iran for damage done to two sea vessels in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, citing exactly zero evidence.

“This assessment is based on intelligence, the weapons used, the level of expertise needed to execute the operation, recent similar Iranian attacks on shipping, and the fact that no proxy group operating in the area has the resources and proficiency to act with such a high-degree of sophistication,” Pompeo told the press in a statement.

“The United States will defend its forces, interests, and stand with our partners and allies to safeguard global commerce and regional stability. And we call upon all nations threatened by Iran’s provocative acts to join us in that endeavor,” Pompeo concluded before hastily shambling off, taking exactly zero questions."

WilliamCharles 8 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since the JFK assassination, then Watergate and Nixon, Americans have become increasing more cynical. IMO, with Trump we are witnessing the point of dimenishing returns. It now easier to trust the Iranian explanation that have faith in what Pompeo. Bolten, or Trump say. It truly is a sad time in America.

t1nick Level 8 June 14, 2019

There was a fvck of a lot to distrust Shrubya for re: 9/11, Reagan for Iran/Contra, George H.W. Bush for various cloak and dagger sh1t.

The list is quite extensive and not all that recent.

@WilliamCharles

true, I was being brief for a change. The list is extensive.

If you just assume this administration is lying and manipulating for thier own ends...well then you've been paying attention.

1of5 Level 8 June 14, 2019

I don't know anything about Caitlin Johnstone but what she says in this article is reasonable. I saw nothing to trigger alerts and from what I understand of the event, I agree with her.

gearl Level 8 June 14, 2019

She's been building on a pretty good track record for integrity and insight. She tackles issues (and detractors) head on.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:360932
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.