Agnostic.com

6 5

Delicious, Moist Ground Turkey Burgers

Looking up from a sewing project, I realized I was hungry. Hands were shaking. Needed protein.

In the refrigerator was a pound of 99% fat free ground turkey breast. Swung into action, winging it:

Began heating a large skillet. Finely chopped 1/2 cup sweet onion. Cut up the ground turkey into small pieces.

Tossed the ground turkey and onion in a mixing bowl. Too dry. Added a beaten egg. Too gloppy. Added a tablespoon of seasoned bread crumbs, salt, pepper and a 2 teaspoons of chopped, fresh Italian Parsley. I grow it on a sunny deck. Perfect.

Added 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil to the hot skillet. When the oil was hot, spread it around the skillet.

Meanwhile, with a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scooped up turkey mix and gently formed balls with my hands. Flattened balls into four patties. With a knife, made a divot in the center of each patty, so the meat will cook evenly.

Placed patties in the hot, oiled skillet. Browned, flipping the patties until they reached 165 degrees in the center.

#oil
LiterateHiker 9 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

looks yummy

I like the word "moist". It makes Americans squirm.

I would do this but with ground beef, as fatty as I can get. I usually buy 80/20, and am thrilled when I can find 75/25. Lower fat ratios are too dry for my taste, and as an ultra-low carb guy I need a lot of fat.

@Mitch07102

Sounds like a heart attack on a plate.

@LiterateHiker Were the fat from industrial (vegetable) oils, yes. From animal-sourced foods, no. I will likely die from a heart attack or a stroke at some point, but it will be a function of age, not diet.

@Mitch07102

Eating red meat causes inflammation that increases heart attacks, strokes, early death and cancer.

@LiterateHiker BRING IT ON!!!!!

@LiterateHiker Upon closer examination not so, at least not to the extent portrayed in the mass media. Most of the claims about this derive from observational epidemiology, which is notoriously unreliable and often, in fact usually, accounts poorly if at all for confounders. For example in one such claim, a parsing of the data showed that people who eat red meat: are more likely to have excess belly fat, smoke, be overweight, and exercise less. More importantly, when you drill into the science and try to find the causal factors that would make this true, they aren't there. Yes, there is some issue with cured meats, as well as charred and smoked meat. And the blanket statement of ill health from meat is wrong: Last time I checked, people in Hong Kong are the longest-lived (or near it) and eat the most meat of anyone in the world. Long-lived Okinawan's traditionally ate a large amount of pork.

I just finished a ribeye🙂

Looks good!

They look like English muffins! Sounds good though... No like turkey burgers... 😊

I have never seen a better looking turkey burger. Thanks for the recipe! I will try it ...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.