Agnostic.com

4 3

QUESTION Why is Critical Thinking so important? - YouTube

Schools are not designed to teach people to think but how to be a productive worker and fit in the system

THOTH 4 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

question everything

Critical thinking should lead us to increased awareness, and hopefully as a result we will make better decisions and experience more joy. Unfortunately this is not always what happens. Critical thinking also requires effort and even work, so many fail to endure the learning process. It's like Eric Hoffer said:
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking."

Gray Level 3 Nov 18, 2017

Maybe you should learn Critical Thinking definitions to understand it represents MUCH MORE THAN THAT....

I was not trying to define critical thinking but rather suggesting some reasons why many don't take the time to learn critical thinking. I've been studying it for years and I'm still far from mastering the exercise of critical thinking techniques.

It appears to me that about half the population of this country respects critical thinking skills and the other half abhors them. You know which is which.

gearl Level 8 Nov 13, 2017

This country? This is NOT about countries but humanity.
If you learn critical Thinking you learn how to recognise flaws in arguments such as half of this country....NOT EVEN 5% OF THE WORLD POPULATION learns CT

As George Carlin used to say "obedient workers".

CT is amazing! Why don't you try it?
It works for EVERY SECTOR OF LIFE!
Life is not about working or doing....
LIFE IS ABOUT BEING!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3617
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.