Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Brazil Supreme Court criminalizes homophobia and transphobia - JURIST - News - Legal News & Commentary

Brazil outlawed racism in 1989. Let that sink in ... Brazil ... outlawed ... racism ... decades ago. And now, they've added homophobia & transphobia. Now think about America. Add the current Administration. Pretty disgusting mental picture in my opinion. We're being out-progressed by a country that's population is 65% Catholic, 11.1% spiritual or non/none, the rest the usual Christian sects of various descript.

This brings me to this: it must not be religion in America that makes a large swatch of the population hateful PsOS ... it's something much much worse. sigh 😔😔😔

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sharia anyone?

JacarC Level 8 June 17, 2019

@SeaGreenEyez May appear the opposite. Both stances are censorship. Hence, fascistic.

Ignorance? I have found in my life most Catholics are smarter than most Protestants, at least in this country. Most Catholic friends I have had through my life have told me how much they appreciated the education they received in Catholic schools, even if they were no longer going to Church or had become nonbelievers.

Phobias are just fears. I don’t see how the court can outlaw fear. They can outlaw hateful actions but people can’t just switch off their fear. Besides that, a certain level of fear might serve a beneficial purpose.

I thought something might have been mistranslated but here’s the first part of the court declaration:

1. Até que sobrevenha lei emanada do Congresso Nacional destinada a implementar os mandados de criminalização definidos nos incisos XLI e XLII do art. 5o da Constituição da República, as condutas homofóbicas e transfóbicas, ...

That right it's not Fear, they're just Assholes..

And given they have their version of Drump, it's amazing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:362156
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.