Agnostic.com

6 6

10 Reasons to Add Optimism to Your Life

Science shows there are big benefits to looking on the bright side.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

you can add all the optimism to your life imaginable. but if you're going thru an unlucky streak it won't do you any good at all. in the end it could make you more depressed than ever.
realism..all we can do is deal with it.

Well it is good to get up and not see your name in the local paper under obituaries.

The glass is full, just not the same substance.but a mental picture of Eric idle hanging on a cross popped into my mind.🤭

I was going to put up some pics of starving kids in Africa (or Mississippi) to point out that this is a first world solution to a first world problem, but we all know that.

1of5 Level 8 June 29, 2019

This only confirms my own belief that those with an optimistic personality are happier, healthier and succeed in most walks of life and endeavour better than those who are more pessimistic by nature. They also suffer less from depression and certain other illnesses. Those who don’t have a natural optimism can train themselves to think more positively with some help such as CBT.

@Matias I’m not sure Matias, that’s a bit like the chicken and egg cycle....there is a correlation, but it’s impossible to prove definitively. I do think that those with a sunnier disposition attract other people to them as they are better company and make others feel happy. They also can usually charm people into believing in them and their ability to do something...for instance in job interviews. It can be called charisma in pronounced cases. They can persuade others by sheer dint of their personality, they are born salespeople, regardless of the product, because they are principally selling themselves. I think these people will always succeed in life because they are born with a genetic advantage...throw in good looks too and they will go through life earning more money than their less charismatic friends. I am obviously only referring to extreme examples, but in general terms it also applies, but to a lesser degree, that optimistic people do better in life. I should have inserted the word “sometimes” after can .....making it read as “can sometimes” train themselves etc. I do understand that it is not an easy thing to basically change the way you are wired.

Forgot it may get you laid lol

bobwjr Level 10 June 29, 2019

Will get you laid. If youre going to be optomistic, go whole hog. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:367291
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.