Agnostic.com

2 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Alright, this article is about the UK, not the US. On average anout 40-50% of new teachers change careers after just 3 years in my experience over my last 30 years of teaching.

I do not know UK educational laws, but NCLB (No Child Left Behind) by Bush II, made it difficult for schools to hire unqualified teachers (not impossible, but difficult).

In order to meet yearly Federal evaluations standards all schools must have certified staff in all positions. Failure to do so will negatively impact their evaluation, and therefore, the Federal monies that they recieve as a consequence of the evaluation.

Furthermore, teachers must continue to advance there own education in their accreditation field. This usually means working towards an advanced degree beyond their bachelors. The majority of this happens contemporaneous with them teaching full time, and the teacher is responsible for paying for it, not the school district in most cases. Failure to comply and acquire further education negatively impacts their yearly step grade advancement and their salary scale.

t1nick Level 8 June 30, 2019

@SeaGreenEyez

They are subject to the same requirements if they except state or federal monies. That is unless deVoss has managed to get the regs changed for them. Which wouldn't surprise me.

@SeaGreenEyez how unfortunate.

Yeah many state governments don't pay teachers prefer tax cuts for the rich

bobwjr Level 10 June 30, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:367798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.